The waiting is over – you can now apply to borrow one of the Travelling Suitcases. If you already know all about the suitcases, jump over to the Resources/Travelling Suitcases Application Form page, and get started.
For those who aren’t familiar with the project, here’s a rundown:
Book Links Travelling Suitcases are filled with interesting items used by Queensland children’s authors and illustrators to create a book, and are designed to be the basis of programming ideas and activities which will give children an experience of how a book is created.
Book Links Travelling Suitcases will be of particular value to regional, rural and remote schools and libraries who have limited access to visiting authors and illustrators. This resource will animate and enliven the creative process for children, as they can see firsthand the ‘tools of the trade’ that authors and illustrators use to create their stories.
Five of Queensland’s top award winning authors and illustrators were selected to participate in the project. One suitcase has been created for each author/illustrator:
- Kerry Argent, illustrator of picture books for young children;
- Narelle Oliver, author and illustrator of picture books for all ages;
- Gregory Rogers, illustrator of picture books for all ages;
- James Moloney, author of junior and young adult novels; and
- Michael Gerard Bauer, author of junior and young adult novels.
The Resources/Travelling Suitcases Application Form Page, and the application form itself have more background information, and details about borrowing, so have a look today.