You love animals and you’d love to write a story about them? But where do you start? How do you finish? Let author Samantha Wheeler help you plan your story so that it starts with a boom, races across the page towards the finish, and comes to a rounded, satisfying end. Become the champion of storytelling in one short workshop that is sure to leave your narrative shining.
Find out how Turtle Trackers was written and get your complimentary copy autographed. 10:00-11:30 am $25 members, $30 non-members
Saturday 24 March – 10:00 – 11:30am. | $25 Book Links member (ie family is a member), $30 non-members includes free copy of Turtle Trackers. This workshop best suits 8-12 year olds.
- Brainstorming/warm up activity
- Planning of stories to encourage exciting starts, develop rising tension and ensure well-rounded endings
- Discussion. Have you structured your story? Have you planned a satisfying ending?
- Brainstorm the use of language and sentence structure to create tension, description, and dialogue.
- Drafting a short narrative piece.
Room 1B, State Library of Queensland
South Brisbane, Qld 4101