Maybe you have a backlog of books to plough though while you are home, but with public libraries closed and most bookshops too, how do you lay your hands on the latest books? Look no further than you local bookshops where you can order online and have them delivered. Many of these are Book Links supporters offering discounts, though I must admit not sure how that works for online orders. All have great children’s books in stock.
- A Lot of Books (Ipswich) is offering free delivery on orders $50 and over.
- Books@Stones (Stones Corner) is still open with normal opening times and offering free delivery to anywhere in Australia for all purchases over $30, until 30 April and free same delivery to Postcodes 4120, 4121, 4102, 4103, 4151, 4152 and 4169 if orders are placed by 3pm.
- The Library Shop (SLQ) is offering free domestic shipping on all orders over $10.
- The Little Book Nook (Palmwoods) You can order online, but still has a postage cost. Can order online (Click & Collect) and pick up at shop.
- The Mad Hatters Bookshop is currently offering free delivery in our local area (Wynnum Manly & surrounding suburbs) on orders over $30.
- Riverbend Books (Bulimba) Is offering tap ‘n’ go drive-through books—simply order over the phone or online and collect your books from the car park without even getting out of the car! Free delivery for 4171, 4170 & 4005. Free postage AUS wide on orders over $50.
- Where the Wild Things Are attached to Avid Reader (West End) is offering free shipping on all orders in surrounding suburbs and free shipping nationally for all orders over $50. Now offering a drive by pickup service.
Also check out the Book Links Menu under Programs – Children and YA to find resources for Young Writers and Illustrators, Writing Competitions and Reading and Listening Resources. The latter includes links to online stories and other resources. Don’t miss the free digital book called Coronavirus: A book for children illustrated by Axel Scheffler of Gruffalo fame.