The registration desk opens at 8am outside Auditorium 2. Tickets include morning tea and lunch on Saturday only. Meals not provided Sunday.
State Library Venues Map
Location of State Library of Qld Map
Parking at State Library of QLD information
Public Transport information
Live Pitch Critique
Any conference attendees wishing to participate in the live pitch critique session at the festival should prepare a pitch of no more than 100 words.
Your name, manuscript title, word count, genre, and pitch should not exceed 100 words.
Pitch Before You Send
Once you have booked your session, you will receive an email where you have the option to put forward up to five pitches. These will be reviewed by the agent or editor you booked, who will then indicate the manuscripts they are most interested in.
After the pitching process, you will be asked to prepare a query letter and two picture book texts or the first two chapters of a chapter book, middle grade or YA novel and synopsis.
Please note this pitching process is optional.
Manuscript samples should comply with the following formatting standard:
- 12 point font in Times New Roman or Arial fonts
- Left margin alignment
- Double space
- Manuscript name, author name and page number in the header of each page
- A 1-inch or 1.25-inch margin on each page. This is the default for Microsoft word.
- A picture book manuscript should include name, address, email and website address if you have one on the first page justified left. An accurate word count should appear at the top right of the first page.
- Chapter books, middle grade and YA manuscript samples should include a title page with book title, approximate word count, author name centred in the middle of the page. The address and contact information should be in the top left hand corner.
- Illustrators should include a pdf copy of any illustrations they would like to submit for consideration.
- Synopsis should be single spaced on no more than one page.